If you are a small business, freelancer, contractor or consultant looking for free invoice template to create your own professional invoices, please be sure to check out the simple yet professional invoice templates on our website.
Our invoice templates are designed for busy business people in mind. They are either in Excel spreadsheet or Word document template so you can work with them immediately without learning curve. You just simply insert your company’s name, logo and address at the appropriate sections of the invoice. There is a section for a list of itemized of products or services with quantity, description and price. If you use Excel invoice form, it will calculate the taxes and add up the grand totals automatically, such a great feature to save you a lot time focusing on your core business.
In order to make it easy for you to find the invoice you need quickly, we’ve organized our invoice forms in the main categories as follows:
- Sales invoice templates
- Service invoice templates
- Commercial invoice templates
- Proforma invoice templates
- Auto repair invoice templates
- Freelance invoice templates
- Blank invoice templates
Each invoice has a preview picture to help you see how it looks before downloading. The download file is in ZIP format so you have to use ZIP software to extract it first before using the template.
You can print out the invoice and send it to your customer. The invoice template is also very handy if you use it with multi-part carbonless laser paper or multi-part collated laser paper. If your customers request a soft-copy of the invoice, you can create an additional PDF copy and send PDF invoice via email. There is good PDF maker software available online that you can download and use for free such as CutePDF, PrimoPDF and doPDF.
Using our invoice templates is an excellent start to create professional invoice for your business. It helps you avoid recurring costs for invoice maker software by using free invoice templates.
Essential information appears on an Invoice
A typical invoice must has the following information:
- Company details include company logo, name, address, business contact and VAT registration number if applicable.
- Customer details include customer ID, name as well as business contact.
- Invoice number: each invoice should be assigned to a unique number to help you keep your invoice organized. The common way to assign number to an invoice is using prefix with customer and suffix with either date or number. For example, if you have an invoice with Intel, you can assign a number to invoice as INTEL0001 or INTEL01012012.
- Dates: an invoice should include two dates such as issued date and due date. Issued date is the date when the invoice is issued. And due date is the date by which payment must be made. The due date is normally 30, 45 or 60 days after invoice was issued.
- Products or services: is a list of itemized of products that were delivered or services that were rendered. This section typically displays as a table where you can enter multiple products or services with item #, description, amount and tax if applicable.
- Payment terms indicate how you want to receive payment. For example, you can put payment term like: “Payment should be made within 45 days via PayPal.”
- Last but not least, you can add a thank you message to express your appreciations to your customers for doing business with you.
There are some kind of special invoices such as commercial invoice and proforma invoice that have specific information for customs clearance.
Download free invoice template
Please feel free to download our free invoice template to your computer, create invoice and send it to your customers to get paid faster.